About the role
Shopify is building an iOS app that allows merchants to chat and interact with Kit - Shopify’s digital marketing assistant - and their customers in a native environment with a rich UI and deep functionality.
As an engineer with a focus on mobile at Shopify you will work with other mobile engineers along with designers and product managers to build and launch new versions of our apps. You’ll gain a ton of perspective as you connect with different teams that work on related parts of Shopify. You’ll work on a large scale app that is ever changing, enabling entrepreneurship for hundreds of thousands of merchants. You’ll be able to take the time to rebuild the areas that need love while some of your code stands the test of time. You’ll grow and learn a ton from your team and you’ll likely fail a lot, so embracing this is really important. We would love for you to join us to push boundaries as we craft the best conversational commerce experience for our merchants.
We are located in San Francisco's Financial District, close to BART and Muni, and a short walk to the Ferry building and everything else San Francisco has to offer.
- Experience developing in iOS
- Evidence of being self starting, and passionate about your craft
- Experience leading and growing people
- Knowledge of the iOS architecture, trends, and emerging technologies
- Experience with Rails or Android development (BONUS)
Tools of our trade:
- Cocoa design patterns
- Debugging iOS apps with instruments
- Core animation
- Unit testing/automated testing
- Is some of this tech new to you? That’s OK! We know not everyone will come in fully familiar with this stack, and we provide support to learn on the job.
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. Tess is looking forward to reading your application.