About the role
Shopify has redefined commerce, raising the standard for how businesses of all sizes operate, market, and sell their products and services. With over 1 million merchants in more than 175 different countries, powered by the most innovative platform on the market, we continue to grow rapidly while constantly looking for new ways to impact and disrupt markets.
Shopify’s Online Experience is responsible for the user experience of buyers when shopping on our merchants’ online stores. The team builds and maintains foundational components of Shopify’s online merchant stores such as Checkout and Search, and drives strategic initiatives to improve merchant conversion rates and buyer trust in our merchants. As a core area of Shopify, this team ensures our merchant’s provide the best possible experience for their buyers, online.
As the senior lead of product management, you will own the product roadmap and vision for the Online Experience team. You will manage a team of product managers and working closely with engineering and UX team to drive our overall product strategy to improve the experience of shopping online. You will work closely across numerous product lines to gain a deep understanding of how the the buyer experience needs to evolve to support our growing and diverse merchant and buyer needs.
You’ll need to have:
- Strong understanding and experience in the product management discipline
- Hands-on experience driving the development of tech products at a leading or high-growth technology company with a focus on customer user experience.
- Proven skills leading product teams and working across cross-functional teams.
- An entrepreneurial mindset -- you roll up your sleeves, thrive in chaos, and get things done
- A genuine excitement for solving customer problems and strong sense of empathy with the customer.
- Experience using data to inform product decisions.
- An approach that defaults to action.
- Excellent communication skills.
It would be great if you had experience:
- Founding and running your own company.
- Working with partners from both product and business perspectives.
- Working in commerce (checkout specifically), payments or retail fields.
You'll get to do things like:
- Manage the Online Experience product team in planning, executing and driving an industry leading product strategy.
- Work collaboratively with UX and engineering teams on a day-to-day basis to drive results.
- Mentor and grow the Online Experience product team. You’ll get to be a team player, coach, and referee, all-in-one.
- Collaboratively bring new ideas and ways of thinking to the Online Experience function.
- Partner with internal and external stakeholders, including marketing teams and customers.
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time! Laura is looking forward to reviewing your application.
Closing date: Wednesday, November 15th at 12 pm EDT.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.