About the role
Designers are an integral part of evolving and defining how we represent Shopify to the world. Working directly with a diverse team of UX Marketing specialists to grow the number of customers using Shopify and the reach of Shopify the brand.
As a Senior Marketing Designer, you’ll be an advocate for people considering our products, helping them discover our features and resources to realize their entrepreneurial potential. You’ll work on a variety of projects, collaborating with all of our product UX teams. You’ll have a chance to own an ever-changing problem space and thrive on change as you help merchants all over the world find success.
- Improve the effectiveness of the entire team by sharing insights, new tools, and best practices
- Champion projects to ensure that they are progressing at a high quality
- Adjust quickly to shifting approaches, situations, and priorities.
- Evolve the user experience of Shopify marketing properties
- Optimize the effectiveness of our marketing properties & activations
- A keen eye for good design and attention to detail.
- A soft spot for the end user - advocating for them in all areas of your work is core to what you do.
- An understanding that great experiences come from collaborative decision-making with front-end developers, engineers, researchers, content strategists, and other disciplines.
- The desire to drive creative through an end-to-end UX process, including research, ideation, iteration, and validation.
- Proficiency with design & prototyping tools (Figma, Photoshop, etc), as well as knowledge of HTML and CSS.
- A passion for solving design problems while wearing multiple hats and owning all facets of design (content strategy, wire-framing, art direction, and interaction design).
- You live at the intersection of marketing and user experience and understand how to take users on a complete journey from discovery to adoption and success.
- Knowledge and familiarity with a data-informed approach to design -- you’ve used tools and resources needed to measure the success of design decisions (A/B testing tools, Google Analytics, etc.).
- Passion for unpacking and solving complex problems.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous people, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity & inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities, and/or people with intersectional identities. Please take a look at our Sustainability Reports to learn more about Shopify’s commitments to our communities, and our planet.
At Shopify, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team - so if your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying.
How we hire
Not what you’re looking for?Check out these similar roles.
|UX Manager, Multiple Teams (Remote, Americas)||UX and Design||Americas|
|Staff Marketing Designer (Remote, Americas)||UX and Design||Americas|
|Senior Product Content Designers (Remote, Americas)||UX and Design||Americas|
|Lead Marketing UX Designer||UX and Design||Americas|
|Senior UX Manager, Multiple Teams (Remote, Americas)||UX and Design||Americas|
|Senior Product Designers (Remote, Americas)||UX and Design||Americas|
|Staff Product Researchers (Remote, Americas)||UX and Design||Americas|