About the role
Shopify is looking for a Senior Producer to manage and develop the creation of video, design, and digital content across our Shopify Plus social media channels and large scale creative collaborative projects.
As a talented creative storyteller, you have expertise in design and video production, and experience with creating storyboards, scriptwriting, directing on set, post-production management and overall project management.
Part creative strategist, part creative producer, you have a knack for multitasking and the ability to manage internal and external stakeholders. You have a solid understanding of social media platforms and the features and content opportunities available, and you have a growth mindset: you love to test new forms of content and optimize creative production for different channels and strategies.
As a senior member of the team, you will bring new ideas to life, and be a champion for creative content and channel best practices. You will be expected to deliver projects on-time and on-budget while maintaining high-quality. Involvement in the development of the scope of work, campaign planning, and project budgets is required. The ideal candidate is extremely detail-oriented, able to analyze opportunities, foresee challenges, and innovate on both production and channel approaches when necessary.
- Responsible for the development, creation, and execution of organic video and social content, from pre-production to execution
- Build world-class video and social content production practices and guidelines
- Contribute to the strategic creative direction of the Shopify Plus Instagram and YouTube channels, working with internal and external partners to define, surface and iterate on creative guidelines and audience insights
- Help set overall creative direction for video, design, and social media content, and advocate for new formats and creative opportunities
- Work with colleagues and external partners to identify the right locations, equipment, and diverse talent to build and execute the creative vision
- Develop scripts, treatments, templates, and storyboards
- Actively stay on top of social media and content marketing trends, goals and performance indicators
- Collaborate with cross-discipline team members in social media, content marketing, design, product marketing, and digital marketing
- Handle some high-level budget management including purchase orders, contracts, project expenses and ROI tracking
- Experience generating powerful, credible original video and social media content: producing, designing, scripting, storyboarding, shooting, and editing video
- Intermediate experience in Adobe Premiere and Photoshop, as well as user knowledge of Illustrator, Figma, and Canva
- Experience directing designers and animators in After Effects
- Strong production management skills: delivering work on-time and on-budget
- Experience with adapting and changing video and social media content to suit channel best practices and format requirements
- Ability to work across a number of teams
- Ability to keep pace and adapt to the latest technology and social media best practices while constantly learning and improving
- The ability to adapt in a rapidly changing environment, always thriving on change
- The ability to travel globally for video shoots
- You are comfortable creating and leading marketing initiatives within a cross-discipline team, including creative development and collaboration across large teams
- Extensive verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to craft great scripts, social copy, and convey complex concepts simply
- Ability to present compelling new content ideas to key stakeholders and execute production plans
- Experience managing multiple projects, in person and remotely
Nice to have:
- Content marketing and/or social media experience — B2B is a bonus!
- Experience managing people and/or directing creative teams
- Extensive photography skills
- Extensive camera knowledge (bonus if it’s with a Canon 200 and/or Panasonic GH5)
- Experience working across large, international teams
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. Sally is looking forward to reading your application. Make sure to tell us why you think this is the right role for you!
This posting will close Friday November 27 at 12pm EST.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.