About the role
As a Senior Designer at Shopify, you will work on a product used by small fashion boutiques, global brands, and everything in between. Within the International Growth team, the opportunity goes global as we seek to expand our borders and push the boundaries of the world of commerce.
This is a chance to have an impact on Shopify’s growth, and on our merchants worldwide. You’ll be part of the team that’s shipping the foundational Shopify building blocks to new markets. In the process, you’ll learn about other countries, cultures, and opportunities from around the world, all so that we can build a product that helps merchants everywhere turn an idea into a viable business. We are a diverse, collaborative team, who leave their ego at the door, and care about the right solution above everything else. Our Designers identify problems, perform research, prototype solutions, and ship features, sometimes all in the same week.
Shopify UX is made up of over 400 Designers, Content Strategists, Researchers, and UX Developers across offices around the world. While everyone at Shopify is responsible for building great experiences, our UX team has a special role in building understanding and empathy for merchants.
- Solving foundational problems, like enabling local payment methods, that will impact our international merchants the most, and scaling those solutions to multiple countries and regions.
- Working alongside product and engineering to enrich the Shopify platform and enable our global partner ecosystem.
- Designing solutions that help merchants onboard to Shopify from other platforms. Prototyping, testing, and shipping design solutions that will have the most impact in multiple regions.
- Uncovering merchant opportunities and pain points around the world through research, data, and experimentation, and bringing these back to Shopify’s broader UX team.
- Identifying the best UX methods and tools to use depending on project constraints.
- Advocating for good user experience across our platform by representing our merchants in product strategy and roadmap discussions.
- Contributing to Polaris, our growing design system of patterns in an effort to cultivate a truly international experience across the entire Shopify platform.
- Sharing and reviewing your designs based on peer feedback, user research, testing, and merchant feedback.
Relevant experience for the role:
- Experience working with users across the EU.
- Previous experience owning and executing on UX designs through collaborative decision making with product managers, front-end developers, engineers, researchers, and other disciplines.
- A deep understanding of the end-to-end iterative UX process, including personas, scenarios, wireframing, content modeling, prototyping, user research, and design systems.
- Empathy and advocacy for merchants and their buyers, in all areas of our work.
- Experience using prototyping tools, as well as fundamental knowledge of front-end technologies to understand the constraints of design.
- Extraordinary UI design abilities that can be demonstrated through current projects.
- You’ve worked and collaborated with remote team members.
What's in it for you:
- A collaborative, creative environment where we value experimentation and learning.
- Autonomy. We don’t believe in micro-management.
- A healthy work-life balance with benefits that support your full self e.g. flexible work hours, parental leave, perks to support your lifestyle (think cleaning services, athletic equipment) and give you more time for the things you care about most.
- Learning and growing with the best in the business and getting the support you need to do the best work of your career.
- Building strong relationships with your teammates in a culture that values authenticity, openness, and diversity.
- You’ve designed product experiences for international markets and/or global companies.
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. Luke is looking forward to reading your application!
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
|Senior Product Designer, EU - International Growth||UX and Design||Berlin, Germany|