About the role
Shopify is on a fast-moving mission to make the best products for merchants around the globe. At Shopify Plus, our merchants are some of the biggest and fastest growing businesses in history. The problems we solve are as complex as the stakes are high. Ecobee, Fashion Nova, Rebecca Minkoff, Nestle, MVMT and Leesa are merchants that have seen the value Shopify Plus brings to their businesses through our understanding of commerce at scale.
We’re looking for a Senior Designer to join the Shopify Plus team in Waterloo.
As a UX team at Plus, we work on a product that empowers merchants to run their businesses and push the boundaries of commerce. Informed by research and data, we solve complex merchant needs and build iteratively toward our vision. We ship high-fidelity designs of new features and quickly prototype solutions. We own our projects from start to finish, and collaborate with a multidisciplinary team of developers, product managers, content strategists, user researchers, and marketers to deliver the best possible experience for our merchants.
You’ll be working on:
- Advocating for good user experience across our platform by representing our merchants in product strategy and roadmap discussions
- Identifying the best UX methods and tools to use depending on project constraints
- Prototyping solutions to solve for complex problems (i.e. managing product content, pricing, and discounts across multiple regions and languages)
- Contributing to our growing design system of patterns in an effort to cultivate a cohesive look, feel, and user experience across the entire Shopify platform
- Sharing and reviewing your designs based on peer feedback, user research, testing, and merchant feedback
You should have:
- Previous experience owning and executing on UX designs through collaborative decision making with front-end developers, engineers, researchers, content strategists, and other disciplines
- A deep understanding of the end-to-end iterative UX process, including personas, scenarios, wireframing, content modelling, prototyping, user research, and design systems
- Empathy and advocacy for merchants and their buyers, in all areas of our work
- Experience using prototyping tools, as well as fundamental knowledge of front-end technologies to understand the constraints of design
- Extraordinary UI design abilities that can be demonstrated through current projects
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. We are looking forward to reading your application!
If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of commerce, send us a few samples of your work: portfolio, wireframes, UX flows, publications, or whatever represents what you do best.