About the role
At Shopify, we care deeply about making commerce better for everyone. This mission began when our founders started an online business selling snowboards. Existing software was expensive and so hard to use that it made their dream of entrepreneurship feel impossible. So they changed their focus and started developing Shopify to enable anyone with something to sell to easily start, run, and grow their business.
With over 600,000 merchants in more than 175 different countries, Shopify is growing rapidly, and the Core Growth team is responsible for building meaningful product experiences for the thousands of new merchants that sign up each day. The product managers on the Core Growth work on one of Shopify’s hardest problems, helping new merchants get started on Shopify and reach their full entrepreneurial potential.
As a Senior Product Manager on Core Growth, you’ll use your unique combination of product management expertise and high-impact growth skills to build amazing product experiences that really move the needle. You’ll identify new opportunities and drive growth strategy through your expertise in data analysis and experimental design. Your leadership, team-building, and collaboration abilities will help shape the team, making it a key component of Shopify’s growth engine.
We care about growing creative, collaborative people, and strong, capable teams. Your peers in Shopify's Product Management team have diverse backgrounds, skill sets, and stories but share an established track record of delivering impactful products that merchants love.
You’ll be doing things like:
- Defining, guiding and executing a product strategy for how Shopify best supports, engages and retains new merchants of all experience levels
- Defining and targeting the most valuable new merchant segments with clear onboarding challenges
- Collaborating with UX and engineering teams on to build iterative, high quality products
- Defining clear success metrics, and supporting your teams to achieve them
- Communicating and collaborating with leaders from multiple disciplines and across multiple product lines
You’ll need to have:
- Experience building and growing successful technology or commerce products
- Deep understanding of acquisition, conversion, and onboarding concepts
- Leadership skills building and nurturing large cross-functional teams
- Established experience successfully collaborating with a diverse set of peers across disciplines
- Experience using data to successfully inform your decision-making and measure your outcomes
- Excellent communication skills
It would be excellent if you had:
- Past experience working in or collaborating deeply with UX or design
- Experience with any of the following fields: commerce, payments, retail
|Product Manager - Data||Product Management||Ottawa, Canada|
|Product Manager - Fulfillment and Logistics||Product Management||Ottawa, Canada|
|Senior Product Lead, Mobile||Product Management||Ottawa, Canada|
|Director of Product, Foundations||Product Management||Ottawa, Canada|
|Director of Product, Financial Solutions||Product Management||Ottawa, Canada|
|Product Manager - Finance & Inventory||Product Management||Ottawa, Canada|