About the role
Shopify has redefined commerce. We’ve raised the standard for how businesses of all sizes operate, market, and sell their products and services. With 1 million merchants in more than 175 different countries, we continue to grow while looking for innovative ways to impact the market.
The mission of the Money team (as we refer to our Financial Solutions product line internally) is to help merchants of all sizes manage their finances efficiently, so they can reinvest quickly in the growth of their business. We achieve this by making the financial management products readily accessible and understandable at every stage of the merchant’s journey.
As a Senior Product Lead for the Money team, you will be responsible for defining and driving the product vision, strategy and plan differentiation that enables the best financial management experiences tailored for our merchants. You’ll identify new problems and opportunities, and work across the company to create scalable solutions. You will be growing and leading a group of product managers focused on this area. You will lean on your leadership and collaboration skills as you work closely with engineering, data, and UX teams to create compelling experiences, design systems, and shared features. As we scale, we need both craft and people leadership. As a leader, you are expected to not only develop your team but also further the craft of product management at Shopify.
We care about growing creative, collaborative people, and strong, capable teams. Your product management peers have diverse backgrounds, skill sets, and stories but share an established track record of delivering impactful products that merchants love.
- Defining and guiding long term product strategy and vision across multiple product teams.
- Enabling your teams to work on fast iterative projects that execute on the product strategy.
- Defining measurable success metrics, and drive alignment for all product efforts.
- Living and breathing segmentation – we work for merchants of all sizes and types.
- Working and communicating with stakeholders from multiple disciplines and product teams.
- Continue to hire and nurture top talent for the product teams.
Relevant Experience for the Role:
- Experience supporting the creation and development of a successful technology product portfolio.
- Experience leading other Product Managers and growing successful teams.
- Empathy for the merchant and genuine excitement for solving merchant problems.
- Experience using data to successfully inform your decision-making and measure your outcomes.
- Exceptional communication skills. You can get people excited about any complex problem.
- Be passionate about commerce and entrepreneurship.
- We love to see experience founding and running your own company, building your own products from scratch or building and growing a SaaS product.
- Experience working on platform or API products.
- Experience building successful products through technology partnerships.
- Experience in Banking, Card Issuing, Payments, Accounting, or Lending would be an asset.
We know that looking for a new role can be both exciting and time-consuming, and we truly appreciate your effort. Jonathan is an actual real live person (👋🏻) and is looking forward to learning more about you and your interest in joining our team.
Closing date: March 2nd at 4PM (EDT).
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
|Lead Product Manager, Billing - Financial Solutions||Product Management||Ottawa, Canada|
|Senior Product Manager||Product Management||Montreal, Canada|
|Growth Product Manager, Shopify Pay||Product Management||Montreal, Canada|
|Product Operations Lead||Product Management||Ottawa, Canada|