About the role
Shopify Plus is looking for a Senior Product Lead to grow and lead a team of product managers building products that help our merchants administer their organizations. This team is responsible for how our largest merchants execute new multi-store strategies, manage complex store and app configurations, and configure Shopify Plus to work for their unique business needs.
Our merchants - like Ecobee, Rebecca Minkoff, Nestle, Budweiser, and Leesa - are growing at incredible speeds. They need the ability to adapt their business strategy and equip their employees to execute on those strategies. And fast. Shopify is on a mission to change commerce for the better, and with your help we will enable independent merchants to adapt and thrive in challenging and fast-changing markets.
As we scale, we need both technical craft and people leadership. As a Senior Product Lead, you are expected to not only develop your team of product managers but also further the craft of product management at Shopify Plus. We care about growing creative, collaborative people, and strong, capable teams. Your peers in Shopify Plus's product management team have diverse backgrounds, skill sets, and stories but share an established track record of delivering impactful products that merchants love.
You'll be doing things like:
- Defining and guiding long term product strategy.
- Identifying customer problems and turning those insights into products that delight merchants and their customers.
- Collaborating with cross-functional leadership to build healthy and effective product teams.
- Defining measurable success metrics, and driving alignment for all product efforts to those measures.
- Growing and nurturing a team of talented Product Managers.
- Managing the expectations of internal and external customers by prioritizing, and communicating, your product requirements and vision.
You'll need to have:
- Experience in a product leadership role for a high growth, high scale tech company. You've hired, grown, and managed a team of product managers.
- But you're not just a people manager. We're building a product from the ground up so we need a leader who doesn't mind rolling up their sleeves and being a product manager themselves from time to time.
- A successful track record of shipping products at scale.
- A background in building modern enterprise software is a bonus.
Please note this posting will close on Friday, February 28th at 5pm ET.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.