About the role
Shopify has redefined commerce, raising the standard for how businesses of all sizes operate, market, and sell their products and services. With over 1 million merchants in more than 175 different countries, powered by the most innovative platform on the market, we continue to grow rapidly while constantly looking for new ways to impact and disrupt markets.
The product team is growing, and we're looking for some seasoned Product Managers to join the Montreal office.
Product Management at Shopify is a hands-on role. You’ll work with merchants and their customers to help identify problem areas that Shopify should solve. You’ll work with Engineering, UX, and other internal teams to decide what products we build and why we build them. Product Managers are the glue that unites all aspects of a product under a single, cohesive vision. They are passionate and entrepreneurial. They have founded their own companies, taken successful products to market, and established a track record of getting things done at scale.
Here are the teams you could join:
Store Management: Store management is the core of Shopify. Store management is the domain of products, inventory, and orders and on which the rest of Shopify rests. It defines the experiences and concepts that are at the center of a merchant’s day-to-day.
Channels: Channels connect merchants and buyers everywhere through Shopify. We help merchants reach, sell, and service their buyers from first sale to large scale. We create long-term buyer ownership by unifying the evolving channels of commerce, whether online or offline, owned or rented, with Shopify at the centre.
Platform: Platform helps merchants meet 100% of their individual needs through apps and services, and bring new merchants to Shopify through our Partner referral network. We’ve built a Partner & Developer ecosystem to help merchants meet their unique needs by installing apps or hiring services. Commerce is so vast, and each merchant has such unique needs that we rely on these ecosystems to allow merchants to customize Shopify to their needs. This team builds the tools and operations that enable this ecosystem.
Financial Solutions: Shopify Money’s mission is to reshape financial services to empower Shopify merchants at every stage of their business. Shopify creates simple financial solutions that help merchants accept payments and capital, avoid fraud, and pay their bills. We take the worry and confusion out of finances, so entrepreneurs around the world can focus on growing their business.
You Should Have:
- A strong understanding of and experience working in the product management discipline
- Experience building out products at scale
- A proven track record of success in driving the development of software products at a high-growth technology company
- Ability to define and prioritize initiatives while working cross-functionally, and managing complex stakeholder relationships
- Experience collaborating with designers, developers, marketers, and customers in an agile environment
- A genuine excitement for solving customer problems and strong sense of empathy with the customer
- A keen interest in using data to inform product decisions
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work across multiple projects, align on goals, and deliverables
- An entrepreneurial mindset - you roll up your sleeves, thrive in chaos, and get things done.
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work, and we truly value your time. We look forward to reading your application.
Our Mobility team supports visas and relocation, so even if you are far away, consider applying!
Closing date: Friday, February 10 (noon) EDT.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.