About the role
Shopify is now permanently remote and working towards a future that is digital by default. Learn more about what this can mean for you.
Shopify has redefined commerce, raising the standard for how businesses of all sizes operate, market, and sell their products and services. With over 800,000+ merchants in more than 175 different countries, powered by the most innovative platform on the market, we continue to grow rapidly while constantly looking for new ways to impact and disrupt markets.
Handshake is a B2B web marketplace developed by Shopify in order to make buying and selling wholesale better for every merchant. On Handshake retailers can discover products from trustworthy suppliers for their stores and brands. The suppliers in the marketplace acquire new B2B buyers to help scale their resellers' network.
Having launched in August 2020 Handshake has a lot ahead and we are looking for a seasoned Senior Product Manager to join and support us on this exciting journey. We have 3 development teams now and are building up a fourth team that needs a Senior Product Manager. This team will own a part of Handshake's user flow and you’ll be responsible for the full cycle from product discovery and development to rollout and production metrics analytics.
You'll need to have
- Hands-on experience driving product discovery and development at a high growth technology company
- Strong knowledge of digital product funnels, user segmentation, A/B testing, web and business analytics
- Data-oriented approach to improve key metrics throughout the growth loop (from acquisition to retention) and to drive better customer lifetime value (LTV)
- Empathy for the customer, as well as experience doing user interviews and using the collected insights to inform product decisions
- A keen interest in technology, understanding of the tech stacks used to build the products you were working on before
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
It would be great if you had experience (but not required!)
- Building B2B products
- Working on localization and customization of international products for several markets
- Successfully working remotely
- You understand the commerce, retail and wholesale landscapes in the USA and worldwide
- Running your own business
You'll get to do things like
- Build customer empathy and understanding. Identifying customer needs for trading wholesale online and discovering the ways to deliver the world’s best product to match them
- Own the business metrics of the product and translate them together with your team into the features roadmap
- Work collaboratively with UX and engineering on a day to day basis
- Work across multiple disciplines and stakeholders, manage the viability, feasibility usability risks of the product
- Contribute to creating overall product strategy according to the long term vision of Handshake
If you’re interested in helping Shopify shape the future of commerce, click the “Apply now” button to submit your application.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.