About the role
Commerce is changing at an incredible rate and Shopify is on a mission to make it better for everyone! Consumers now expect to be able to buy anywhere, receive products quickly, and return them effortlessly. The buyer experience is personalized, authentic, and on-demand. It’s an incredibly exciting time for this industry, and Shopify is right at the centre of it.
The product opportunity
As Shopify grows and starts offering a variety of products, questions around merchant underwriting, trust, and risk increase in frequency and importance. Different product lines look at risk and trust from different perspectives and backgrounds. As our newest Product Manager you’ll be a crucial part of driving solutions and alignment.
As Product Manager, you will help define the vision, strategy, drive requirements, and deliver data powered services that enable product lines across all of Shopify answer their questions around merchant trust, and risk. You will work closely with world-class Data scientists, Engineers, and Product Managers.
What you’ll do:
- Drive product management activities: vision, roadmap and strategy planning, roll-out and champion the product adoption across Shopify.
- Clearly communicate with stakeholders so they understand the product vision, roadmap, short and long term priorities.
- Help identify what tools are required to be built and evaluate external tools.
- Attain internal product-market fit and widespread product adoption across Shopify’s product lines.
- Communicate with Engineers and Data Scientist in technical details, understand the implications of certain decisions and what is being built, and make trade-offs in terms of complexity, depth, or timelines.
- Build and scale out the merchant underwriting and merchant risk functionality that will help other product teams at Shopify make better decisions.
- Be able to seamlessly distill very technical concepts to business users and vice versa.
- Prioritize and plan features based on company and stakeholder priorities and business values.
What experience you should have:
- Experience working as a Product Manager on data powered products.
- Manage the expectations of internal and external customers by effectively prioritizing resources, work and negotiating product/project needs.
- Understand and provide inputs for the trade-offs in launching a product or feature. Collaborate to resolve deadlocks and present feasible solutions. Drive agreement on a solution and its adoption.
- Evangelize the product and understand how to drive its adoption and use across the organization.
- Experience in setting data-driven goals, with objective success metrics for your projects that your teams can rally behind.
- Experience with underwriting merchant accounts and loans.
It would be great if you also had:
- Experience with risk or fraud domains.
- Experience in banking, payment processing, or lending.
- Having excellent communication and collaboration skills, excellent technical and analytical understanding, product management expertise, good judgment, and an understanding of data and data powered products will allow you to thrive in this role.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time! Laura and Jacinthe are looking forward to reviewing your application.
Closing date: Friday, December 13 at 12 pm EDT.
|Senior Product Manager - Fulfillment and Logistics||Product Management||Ottawa, Canada|
|Product Growth Manager - Shopify Pay||Product Management||Montreal, Canada|
|Senior Product Manager - Data - Shopify Fulfillment Network||Product Management||Ottawa, Toronto|
|Lead Product Manager, Billing - Financial Solutions||Product Management||Ottawa, Canada|
|Product Manager - Experts Marketplace||Product Management||Ottawa, Elgin - HQ|
|Senior Product Manager, Themes||Product Management||Montreal, Canada|
|Product Manager - Onboarding - Shopify Fulfillment Network||Product Management||Ottawa, Elgin - HQ|
|Senior Product Manager Lead - Logistics||Product Management||Ottawa, Canada|
|Product Manager - Data Science & Engineering||Product Management||Ottawa, Canada|
|Senior Lead Product Manager, Online Experience||Product Management||Montreal, Canada|