About the role
Shopify is on a fast-moving mission to make the best products for merchants around the globe. At Shopify Plus, our merchants are some of the biggest and fastest growing businesses in history. The problems we solve are as complex as the stakes are high. Ecobee, Fashion Nova, Rebecca Minkoff, Nestle, MVMT and Leesa are merchants that have seen the value Shopify Plus brings to their businesses through our understanding of commerce at scale.
Shopify Plus is looking for experienced Product Managers to join our team in Waterloo.
You should have a successful track record of identifying and understanding customer needs in new or ambiguous problem spaces. You’ll create and share your vision for how we should tackle problems, and you’ll work with our customers, engineering teams and UX teams to drive solutions forward to launch - making sure we build the right things, in the right way and at the right time.
Product Managers at Shopify are the glue that unites all aspects of a product under a single, cohesive vision. They impact and create value for over 600,000 of entrepreneurs all over the world. They inspire their teams to avoid inaction and ship products quickly. They are data driven, and care about measuring and sharing results.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need to have:
- Several years of experience managing software products
- An entrepreneurial mindset - you will drive strategy but you also aren’t afraid of rolling up your sleeves, thriving in chaos, and getting sh*t done
- The ability to empathize with the user and use data to inform product decisions
- A default to action mindset - and you help your teams do the same
- The team player, coach, and referee attitudes, all-in-one
- Past experience collaborating with designers, developers, other internal stakeholders, and customers
Bonus points if you also have experience with:
- Founding and running your own company
- ecommerce software products
- Taking ownership for digging into a brand new market/product area and building a product strategy around it