About the role
The Product team at Shopify is growing and we're looking for some seasoned product managers to join us!
Product Managers at Shopify work with merchants, Engineering, UX, and other internal teams to decide what products we build and why we build them. They are the glue that unites all aspects of a product under a single, cohesive vision. They create value for over 800,000 entrepreneurs in approximately 175 countries and over thousands of partners around the world that support Shopify merchants.
This role would lie within our Themes team. Themes are the tools that merchants use to represent their brand and tell their products’ story. As part of the Online Store Tools group, the Themes team works to provide themes that serve our merchants’ needs with high standards in usability, performance, and web accessibility. The team collaborates with teams across Shopify to ship new storefront experiences, and unlock the potential of the platform for all merchants, shoppers, and developer agencies.
The Themes team liaises and maintains relationships with third party developers in our Theme Store. This allows us to expand the theme selection for our merchants and strengthen Shopify’s position as a platform of choice for developers and designers.
For more context, check out Themes @ Shopify.
As a Senior Product Manager on the Themes team, you’ll be responsible for the business objectives and long term vision of themes at Shopify. We’ll rely on you to help the team prioritize projects and initiatives aligned with Shopify’s goals and values. There are many moving parts in the world of themes, so it’s important that you’re able to connect the dots to form a bigger picture, and get the rest of the company excited about it!
Problems you'll be tackling:
- How we can optimize the business opportunities of Themes at Shopify?
- How can we leverage Themes to make store setup delightful for our merchants?
- How should we address the issues and opportunities around the Platform (like performance)?
- What can we do to make sure that there is a real product diversity across Shopify Themes so that merchants can benefit fully?
For this role you'll need to:
- Have a few years of experience managing products. It doesn’t matter so much what your job title was, so long as you have hands-on experience creating and leading tech products. We’re looking for people who have recognized market opportunities and customer needs - and turned them into products that have delighted real users
- Have an entrepreneurial mindset. Roll up your sleeves, thrive in chaos, and get shit done
- Be genuinely excited about solving merchant, buyer and outside agencies' problems
- Ability to understand and leverage data to make informed product decisions, set success metrics and measure results
- Default to action and help your team do the same
- Be a team player, coach, and referee all-in-one
- Have great communication skills
- Work well with stakeholders from multiple disciplines
- Have an understanding of the building tools and systems used by the Developers and Designers
- Have experience collaborating with multidisciplinary product teams of Designers, Developers, UX Researchers, Content Strategists, and marketers
It would be great if you had experience in:
- Working in and managing a marketplace
- A Design or Front End Development background
- Start up experience
Closing date: November 5th, 2019 at 12pm EDT.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous people, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
|Senior Product Manager, Merchant Risk||Product Management||Ottawa, Montreal|
|Product Manager - Shopify Pay||Product Management||Montreal, Canada|
|Product Manager||Product Management||Montreal, Canada|
|Senior Lead Product Manager, Online Experience||Product Management||Montreal, Canada|