About the role
Shopify is on a fast-moving mission to make the best products for merchants around the globe. The Shopify Plus team in Waterloo is focused on expanding our core Shopify ecommerce offering to include features that suit the needs of today’s fastest growing and largest volume retailers.
Shopify is working to make commerce better for everyone and empowering entrepreneurship. At Shopify Plus, our merchants are some of the biggest and fastest growing businesses in history. The problems we solve are highly complex, and the stakes are high. Tesla, Redbull, Budweiser, Ellen Degeneres, Kanye West, and Kylie Jenner are merchants that have seen the value that Shopify Plus brings to their businesses through our understanding of commerce at scale.
What will you work on?
As a Senior Software Developer, you will work as a part of our team to build products that push Shopify’s merchants forward. Our teams deploy new code many times a day, and our production scale is massive and global. We host hundreds of thousands of online stores, and see hundreds of millions of requests a day. Merchants will see your work within seconds – a tough but incredibly rewarding responsibility.
We’re growing quickly, so there are plenty of opportunities to learn and advance. You’ll have the creative freedom to make a real difference in the world of commerce, the support to bring your whole self to work, and the chance to work with the best in the business.
Who are you?
- You’ve been coding full time for a while now, and you’ve got a successful track record of shipping great code
- You love solving challenging problems
- You’ve been collaborating with product-minded individuals like other Developers, UX Designers and Product Managers
- You are passionate about providing beautiful (and fast!) code that improves a code base
- You fix bugs quickly, you are no stranger to test driven development, and you take the time to solve hard problems well
- You have a desire to grow your skills every day and can demonstrate your love for learning new things (through side projects, GitHub repos, etc.)
Tools of our trade:
- UNIX commands
- Relational databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL)
Is some of this tech new to you? That’s OK! We know not everyone will come in fully familiar with this stack, and we provide the support you need to learn on the job. You need to be a committed and motivated product builder, we can help with the syntax.
How to Apply
- Please send us your resume along with a link to any online GitHub repos or side projects for us to review
|Production Engineering Lead - Search Infrastructure||Engineering and Development||Waterloo, Canada|
|Senior Front End Developer, Shopify Plus||Engineering and Development||Waterloo, Canada|
|Production Engineering - Developer Tools Manager||Engineering and Development||Ottawa, Montreal, Toronto, Waterloo, Remote UTC -4 to UTC -8 time|
|Production Engineering - Kafka Infrastructure Engineer||Engineering and Development||Waterloo, Canada|
|Senior Front End Developer (Marketing), Shopify Plus||Engineering and Development||Waterloo, Canada|
|Software Developer Lead - International Growth||Engineering and Development||Ottawa, Montreal, Toronto, Waterloo|
|Production Engineering - Scalability and Reliability||Engineering and Development||Ottawa, Montreal, Toronto, Waterloo, Remote|
|Technical Developer Lead, Shopify Plus||Engineering and Development||Waterloo, Canada|
|Production Engineering - Director of Datastores||Engineering and Development||Ottawa, Montreal, Toronto, Waterloo, Remote|