About the role
Shopify is the world’s fastest growing commerce platform, with no plan on slowing down.
We’re massively scaling what shipping and fulfillment means to the hundreds of thousands of entrepreneurs and businesses that use Shopify and we need senior developers to make that happen. This is a role where you can think big! What is the future of logistics? How can Shopify deliver the best merchant and consumer post sale experience on the planet?
We’re looking for a senior full stack developer with a passion for solving tough problems with performant code. You’ll be working with our new Returns Team in our beautiful Montreal office, and help them develop a solid returns platform that integrates well with our Shopify main product. It's an exciting opportunity to build an amazing product from a blank page that will be used by 600,000+ merchants!
Our teams deploy new code many times a day, and our production scale is massive. We’re talking hundreds of thousands of online stores, and hundreds of millions of requests a day. Thousands of merchants will see your work within seconds – a tough, but incredibly rewarding responsibility.
To learn more about this role, check out this short video.
You’ll need to have extensive experience with:
- Building backend web services using several languages and frameworks (Typescript, Ruby on Rails, Java/JEE, Node.js, PHP, Python, …)
- Working with relational databases and SQL (we’re mostly on MySQL with some Postgres)
- Working with Rails
- Building and scaling user-focused web applications and/or mobile applications using different technologies (React, Angular, Backbone, Bootstrap, Swift, Android, …)
It’d be amazing if you:
- Have a history of contributing to our community through code, documentation, mentoring, teaching, speaking, or organizing
- Shipping, fulfillment or warehousing experience
- Experience with development on a leading cloud provider (GCE, AWS, Azure, …)
- A commitment and drive for quality, excellence and results
- A passion for helping growing development teams and making others better
You’ll be doing things like:
- Writing well-tested, beautiful and fast back-end code in Ruby and possibly Go
- If full-stack, writing great front-end code in React/Typescript and other technologies
- Collaborating with other Shopify developers and external partners to provide the best shipping experience for merchants
- Fixing bugs fast and taking your time to solve hard problems well
- Contributing back to the open source community
- Learning and growing constantly to feed your passion for self-improvement and make those around you better
- Designing and building innovative features that are driven by web scale data
How to Apply
If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of commerce at Shopify, click the “Apply Now” button to submit your application.
If your CV speaks for itself, that’s fine, but we’re always interested in knowing more - so feel feel to include a cover letter addressed to Perrine.
|Production Engineering - Datastores - Senior Software Engineer||Engineering and Development||Ottawa, Montreal, Toronto, Waterloo, Remote UTC -4 to UTC -7 time|
|Senior Software Developer - International Growth||Engineering and Development||Montreal, Canada|
|Senior Android Developer - Core Mobile||Engineering and Development||Montreal, Canada|
|Production Engineering Lead - Search Infrastructure||Engineering and Development||Montreal, Canada|
|Production Engineering - Mobile Tooling Manager||Engineering and Development||Ottawa, Montreal, Toronto, Waterloo, Remote UTC-4 to UTC|
|Software Infrastructure Engineer - RPC Team||Engineering and Development||Montreal, Canada|
|Production Engineering - Director of Datastores||Engineering and Development||Ottawa, Montreal, Toronto, Waterloo, Remote|
|Senior Software Developer||Engineering and Development||Montreal, Canada|
|Production Engineering - Scalability and Reliability||Engineering and Development||Ottawa, Montreal, Toronto, Waterloo, Remote|
|Lead Software Developer - International Growth||Engineering and Development||Montreal, Canada|
|Production Engineering - Cloud Systems Engineer||Engineering and Development||Montreal - Office|
|Director of Security Engineering||Engineering and Development||Montreal, Canada|
|Caching Platform - Production Engineering||Engineering and Development||Montreal, Canada|