About the role
If you have a strong software engineering background and are interested in learning more about Machine Learning at scale, then this is the role for you! Understanding a merchant’s future potential is critical to Shopify’s unfolding vision. Traditional commerce systems focus on risk, but Shopify cares about the full spectrum of value. The Risk team at Shopify is responsible for building the scalable systems that detect and prevent fraud for our merchants and their customers. They build automated systems that scale machine learning to analyze customer behaviour, incoming orders and financial transactions.
We’re looking for Software Engineers to continue building and scaling this system. The Risk team makes the product as resilient as possible, making it easy for merchants to make commerce better. We need to provide each merchant with the right services and the right level of support in order to help each of them be successful.
You will design and implement backend and infrastructure systems that use the full range of data available to Shopify to assess risk for our merchants.
Requirements for the role:
- Awesome programming skills
- Experience with Ruby on Rails OR the desire to learn it quickly
- Ability to learn new languages, software, frameworks and APIs
- A strong commitment to quality
- High motivation in improving your skills as well as of the members of your team
- Developing high scale, high availability systems
- Working in Risk/Fraud protection
- Building software in Python. We usually don't code in Python but being able to read it would be an asset
We know that looking for a new role can be both exciting and time-consuming, and we truly appreciate your effort. Rodrigo is looking forward to learning more about you. Tell him why this is the role for you!