About the role
Shopify receives millions of unique visitors each month and serves billions of requests per day. Our Processing Integrity Team, part of the broader Trust and Security Team here at Shopify, makes sure we provide a trustworthy commerce platform for our 600,000+ merchants each and every day.
As a technical security analyst on the Processing Integrity Team, you'll be a part of a highly adaptable group of folks embedded in Engineering. You'll dig deep into our systems and processes and collaborate with security engineers, developers, and members of other teams to protect our merchants and our company while supporting Shopify's rapid pace of development.
Requirements for the role:
- A love of learning. You love digging into new products as they're developed, teaching yourself new skills, and sharing what you've learned.
- Dedication to building relationships. You have empathy for other teams and how our work could impact them.
- Systems thinking and communication skills. You can see the 10,000-foot view and use visual aids to communicate it to others.
- Flexibility and lateral thinking. You can design and adapt safeguards in a constantly changing setting.
- A trust mindset. You can assess the security of an environment and identify areas for improvement.
- Comfort working autonomously. You can leverage our Default to Open culture to gather the context you need to meet your goals.
- Keen pattern recognition. You can spot redundancy and identify opportunities for automation.
- Previous experience with security safeguards and frameworks such as SOX, SOC and PCI.
- Software development experience or experience working with developers.
- Blazing a trail and disrupting traditional ideas of compliance while maintaining trust.
- Automating safeguards to reduce toil across Shopify.
- Gathering information and creating documentation to enable a self service model.
- Coming up with new ways to convey complex ideas.
- Assessing the effectiveness of safeguards.
- Representing the security of the platform to potential and existing merchants.
We know that looking for a new role can be both exciting and time-consuming, and we truly appreciate your effort. Krystle is an actual real live person (👋🏻) and is looking forward to learning more about you and your interest in joining our team.
|Security Incident Response Lead||Trust and Security||Ottawa, Canada|
|Lead Software Engineer - Product Security||Trust and Security||Ottawa, Canada|
|Director of Production Security||Trust and Security||Ottawa, Canada|
|Lead Software Engineer - Security||Trust and Security||Ottawa, Canada|
|Software Engineer - Mobile Security||Trust and Security||Ottawa, Canada|
|Choose your own Security Engineering adventure||Trust and Security||Ottawa, Canada|