About the role
Shopify has redefined commerce, raising the standard for how companies of all sizes sell their products and services online and off. With 600,000+ merchants in more than 175 different countries, and the most innovative platform on the market, we continue to grow rapidly while constantly looking for new ways to impact and disrupt markets.
We're looking for senior designers to work with and guide the team that’s designing the UX experience for Shopify's global shipping & fulfillment platform. Moving physical goods from one place to another is a complex business and changing fast. Our team has already vastly improved this space for our merchants and in 2018, we’ll continue to scale rapidly on a number of fronts. Our goal is to help merchants offer the best shipping and delivery experience to their buyers at all points of the shopping journey, propelling them to sell more, while increasingly saving time and money in the process.
The wider UX team at Shopify is hands on and obsessed with enabling commerce at a global scale. With over 250 designers, content strategists, researchers, and developers working across the company, this team has a special role in building understanding and empathy for merchants. We believe in testing, iteration, and in giving people the room to experiment and grow.
We’re always on the lookout for people who are excited to work on hard problems at a global scale in a friendly, collaborative environment. If this sounds familiar, we’d love to hear from you.
For this role, you'll need;
- An understanding of the end to end iterative UX product design process, including how to develop and use personas, job stories, journey mapping, content modelling, wireframing and prototyping, user testing, and high fidelity visuals
- Proficiency with current design tools including Sketch, Photoshop, etc.
- Passion for solving core product problems while owning all facets of a user experience (strategy, IA, art direction, interaction design and research)
- Experience collaborating with multiple disciplines including product, engineering, content, research, and more
- A deep empathy for the user
- UI abilities shown in a portfolio of live projects
You'll be working on;
- Shipping high fidelity designs of new features and quickly prototyping solutions to visual and interaction problems
- Representing our merchants in product strategy and roadmap discussions
- Advocating for good user experience across our teams and our platform
- Contributing to our growing design system in an effort to cultivate a coherent look and feel across the entire Shopify platform
- Sharing and revising your designs based on UX research, merchant interviews and peer feedback
Tools of our trade;
- We work with industry-standard tools and software like Sketch, Invision, and good ol’ pen and paper to define work at low and high fidelity
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. Holly is looking forward to reading your application. If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of commerce, send us a few samples of your work: portfolio, wireframes, UX flows, publications, or whatever represents what you do best.
|Marketing Designer, Shipping Services||UX and Design||Ottawa, Canada|
|Senior UX Researcher||UX and Design||Ottawa, Canada|
|Product Content Strategist||UX and Design||Ottawa, Canada|
|Product Designer, Core Product||UX and Design||Ottawa, Elgin - HQ|
|Senior Product Designer, Core Product||UX and Design||Ottawa, Canada|
|UX Lead||UX and Design||Ottawa, Canada|
|UX Lead, Marketing - App & Partner||UX and Design||Ottawa, Canada|