About the role
As of today, Shopify has over 820,000 merchants in 175+ countries using our software to set up and run their businesses across multiple sales channels. Our mission with Oberlo, a brand within Shopify, is to inspire people to start online businesses as a means of achieving independence, financial freedom, and personal growth.
We produce videos that teach ecommerce skills and show people that they’re not crazy (or alone) for wanting more from life than a 9-to-5 can give them. Our videos are watched by over 500,000 followers across social media platforms and have garnered millions of views worldwide.
As Senior Video Editor, you’ll work with Oberlo’s video and social media team to develop a variety of video projects, from thumb-stopping Facebook ads to mid-form YouTube shows. We’ll look to you to come up with innovative ways of presenting these concepts to our audience. For what it’s worth, we’re totally down to push boundaries, invert norms, and break paradigms.
If you’re insatiably curious, wildly creative, and in it for the long run, you belong here. Let’s talk.
- Collaborate with the video and social team to develop fresh video concepts for Oberlo’s YouTube and social media channels based on data and qualitative audience feedback.
- Find ways to audio-visually capture the Oberlo brand with every video we publish.
- Translate concepts to storyboards, scripts, and shoot lists for efficient video production.
- Collect necessary assets during production phase: record and edit narration audio, select and edit still imagery, and improvise on set to capture emotional, story-driving footage.
- Provide occasional production support with, e.g., set-up, teleprompter use, and second-camera shooting.
- Own all aspects of post-production to translate a broad range of assets—found footage, stills, original shoots, narration audio, and motion graphics—into habit-forming videos.
- Use creative editing techniques to create multiple edits for various platforms, from 30-second ads to 1-minute social media cuts to long-form narratives.
- Organize and track assets in a shared workflow environment.
- Experience collaborating with directors, producers, freelancers, and other stakeholders to take video projects from conception to completion.
- Track record of managing multiple projects amid shifting priorities.
- Proficient in Adobe Premiere.
- Working knowledge of collaborative reviewing platforms like Frame.io and Wipster.
- Proven understanding of YouTube best practices and metrics.
- Experience editing video for Instagram, Facebook, and other social platforms.
- Familiarity with studio lighting and audio recording.
- Drive to learn constantly and stay on top of industry trends.
- Complete fluency in English.
- Fluent in Spanish, French, German, or Brazilian Portuguese.
- Personal or industry experience in entrepreneurship, e-commerce, or dropshipping.
- Experience with After Effects, Illustrator, and/or Photoshop.
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. Jessica is looking forward to reading your application. Please include a link to your portfolio. Make sure to tell us why you think this is the right role for you!
This posting will close Monday, September 23rd at 9am CEST
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.