About the role
Shopify internships are 4 and 8 month paid terms, and are open to students, co-ops, recent graduates and those early on in their marketing careers. The 4-month Fall Internship will run September 4th to December 21st 2018, and the 8-month Fall/Winter Internship will run September 4th, 2018 to April 26, 2019.
The application deadline for this posting is Tuesday July 17th @ 5:00 PM EST.
Shopify is the leading cloud-based, multi-channel commerce platform. Merchants can use the software to design, set up, and manage their stores across multiple sales channels, including web, mobile, social media, marketplaces, brick-and-mortar locations, and pop-up shops. The platform also provides merchants with a powerful back-office and a single view of their business. The Shopify platform was engineered for reliability and scale, making enterprise-level technology available to businesses of all sizes. Headquartered in Ottawa, Canada, Shopify currently powers over 600,000 businesses in approximately 175 countries and is trusted by brands such as Red Bull, Nestle, Rebecca Minkoff, Kylie Cosmetics, and many more.
As a Social Media Marketing Intern, your job is to create and promote compelling content for merchants, partners, designers, and developers, using and building on Shopify. This internship will run for 4 months (September 4th-December 21st, 2018), and will be located exclusively in Toronto. Please ensure you are available for those dates, and able to work in Toronto before submitting your application.
As a Social Media Marketing Intern, you'll get to:
- Work alongside a team of social strategists to help ideate and develop Shopify’s core social content plans (from evergreen content to campaign planning)
- Create content (mainly written) for Shopify’s core social channels
- Own the publishing of content on Core Shopify channels including: weekly planning, tagging, and scheduling
- Develop, execute, measure and report on all social projects
- Listen, respond and proactively engage with the community from the core brand channels
- Work with other internal groups to develop and implement
- Social content (alongside lead social strategists) designed to meet their objectives
You're the kind of person who has:
- Strong writing skills
- A proven passion for strategic storytelling
- An understanding of the social media marketing field and its key foundations
- A history of using data and research to inform your pieces
- Flexibility to support a 24/7 operation, and understands that occasional evenings and weekends will be required
It's a bonus if you have:
- A background in marketing, PR, or journalism
- A history of growing/building an audience
- A working knowledge of social data and analytics
- Experience in digital marketing and optimizing campaigns for various objectives
- Ability to create custom images, videos, and graphics an asset
Before Hitting "Apply"
Help us learn more about you! Please complete ALL of the following tasks:
1. Attach a cover letter addressed to AJ Thompson.
2. Share a project that you’re most proud of. Briefly explain your project and why you’re proud of it. You can include your project URL and explanation on the application page!
*Pro Tip: your explanation should be short and sweet; aim for no longer than a paragraph.
3. Using our stock photo app Burst (https://burst.shopify.com/), create a social media post for 3 different social channels, promoting our Black Friday/Cyber Monday (BFCM) article (https://www.shopify.com/retail/black-friday-sales-the-definitive-guide-to-preparing-your-store-for-black-friday-2017) for merchants. Attach screenshots.
|iOS Mobile Developer Intern - Fall 2018||Internships||Ottawa, Toronto, Waterloo|