About the role
Shopify is the world’s fastest growing commerce platform, with no plans to slow down. We’re on a mission to scale our platform while simultaneously improving performance, reliability, and resiliency. To do this, we need the help of dedicated, methodical, and versatile developers!
We’re looking for back-end and full stack developers with a passion for solving tough problems with performant code. We ship on quality instead of on time. Our teams deploy new code many times a day, and our production scale is massive. We’re talking hundreds of thousands of online stores, and hundreds of millions of requests a day. Thousands of merchants will see your work within seconds – a tough but incredibly rewarding responsibility.
We’re growing quickly, so there are plenty of opportunities to learn and advance. You’ll have the creative freedom to make a real difference in the world of commerce, the support to bring your whole self to work, and the chance to work with the best in the business. We've listed some of our team who are looking to grow - take a look and if any of these teams seem particularly interesting, we'd love to hear from you!
The Shopify Financial Solutions team is responsible for all systems that move money between Shopify, our merchants and their buyers, and Shopify Partners. This includes payment processing, billing, capital advances, account balances and evaluating risk. Issues that involve money can seem complicated and even scary. The goal of the entire team is to demystify this process, and make all our financial processes simpler and friendlier to use.
You'll need to have:
- Experience with Ruby on Rails (or an equivalent framework and the desire to learn Rails quickly)
- A passion for working on mission critical systems and a strong attention to detail
- Experience with relational databases and SQL
- Experience building and scaling user-focused web applications
- Experience working on large-scale S/W systems
It’d be amazing if you have:
- A history of contributing to our community through code, documentation, mentoring, teaching, speaking, or organizing
- Experience building resilient, scalable services and concepts like SLA, fault tolerance, circuit breakers ring a bell
- Experience with development on a leading cloud provider (GCE, AWS, Azure, …)
- A commitment and drive for quality, excellence and results
- A passion for helping growing development teams and making others better
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. Selina is looking forward to reading your application.
|Production Engineering - Datastores - Senior Software Engineer||Engineering and Development||Ottawa, Montreal, Toronto, Waterloo, Remote UTC -4 to UTC -7 time|
|Senior Software Developer - International Growth||Engineering and Development||Montreal, Canada|
|Senior Software Developer||Engineering and Development||Montreal, Canada|
|Production Engineering - Mobile Tooling Manager||Engineering and Development||Ottawa, Montreal, Toronto, Waterloo, Remote UTC-4 to UTC|
|Lead Software Developer - International Growth||Engineering and Development||Montreal, Canada|
|Production Engineering Lead - Search Infrastructure||Engineering and Development||Montreal, Canada|
|Mobile Developer - Security||Engineering and Development||Montreal, Canada|
|Web Development Team Lead, Shopify Core||Engineering and Development||Montreal, Canada|
|Production Engineering - Director of Datastores||Engineering and Development||Ottawa, Montreal, Toronto, Waterloo, Remote|
|Production Engineer – Service Communication||Engineering and Development||Ottawa, Toronto, Montreal|