About the role
At Shopify, our business operations run in the cloud and we have a diverse landscape of SaaS based applications and custom developed applications. Building and constantly evolving the integration of our business systems is an essential part of scaling our business, generating leverage and getting more efficient at operating the business. Salesforce is a critical component of our business systems landscape. As a software engineer, you will work to assess the salesforce architecture, Shopify's data architecture, and business requirements and design sound, scalable, high performing solutions on the Lightning Platform as it pertains to enterprise data management.
Requirements for the role :
- Extensive experience with Salesforce architecture and design
- API integration experience
- Platform specific design patterns & key limits
- Large data volume considerations, risks, mitigation strategies (including community portals)
- Ability to design data and sharing models that supports a large data volume environment
- Data migrations/movement best practices particularly between different sources to Saleforce CRM and Shopify data warehouse.
- Strategies to build an optimized & high performing solution
- Extensive experience using Python or similar languages
- Extensive experience analyzing data using SQL
- Previous experience using Spark is an asset
- Familiarity with SaaS sales funnels
Your responsibilities will include:
- Partnering with the business and the Salesforce Operations team to design, build and maintain data integration with the Salesforce platform
- Define data migration and integration approaches between Salesforce & other sources
- Maintain governance of the Salesforce data models in terms of availability, usability, integrity and security of data.
- Conduct SF data assessment against best practices to make tool and process improvement recommendations
Is some of this tech new to you? That’s OK! We know not everyone will come in fully familiar with this stack, and we provide support to learn on the job.
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. Charles is looking forward to reading your application.
|Senior Data Scientist - International||Data Science and Engineering||Toronto, Canada|