About the role
Shopify Plus is making enterprise commerce simple. We give high growth, high volume merchants the scalability, reliability and flexibility they need. Shopify Plus is helping power commerce for companies like Nine West, Staples, Lindt and many more. We believe large merchants should love their commerce platform and we work hard each day to make that happen. We are in hyper-growth, and this is where you come in...
As a Solutions Engineer, you’ll help clarify technical complexities and enable our sales and partners teams to demonstrate how high volume merchants can accelerate the growth of their business with Shopify Plus.
Shopify is now permanently remote and working towards a future that is digital by default. Learn more about what this can mean for you.
Requirements for the role:
- Experience in presales solutions engineering or consulting
- Solid understanding of Cloud-based technologies and SaaS fundamentals
- Deep understanding of technical strategy as it relates to operating and growing commerce businesses
- Strong API knowledge (REST and GraphQL) for enterprise integrations.
- Great troubleshooting and analytical skills combined with the desire to tackle challenges head-on
- A great video conference presence with confidence handling executive-level conversations
- Working to help vet and close deals from a technical requirements perspective for both our Enterprise Sales team and development partners/agencies
- Engaging with enterprise clients through requirements discovery and strategic consulting sessions
- Creating customized product demos and proof of concepts for use during on-site or virtual client demonstrations
- Becoming an expert on Shopify’s application ecosystem and integrations
- Aligning with product and RnD teams on future roadmaps and sharing feedback on released features and client trends
- Mentoring and coaching the sales team on technical aspects of Shopify Plus
- Is some of this tech new to you? That’s OK! We know not everyone will come in fully familiar with this stack, and we provide support to learn on the job.
- eCommerce experience and knowledge of latest trends (storefront implementation, omni-channel, supply chain, B2B)
- Familiarity with version control systems (e.g., Github)
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
Closing Date: November 27, 2020
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. Reilly is looking forward to reading your application. This posting will close on November 27, 2020 at 4:00 p.m. EST (UTC -4) and you will hear back, regardless of outcome, within three weeks of your application date.
Not what you’re looking for? Check out these similar roles.
|Key Account Manager - Shopify Fulfillment Network||Sales and Account Management||Americas|
|Merchant Success Manager, Shopify Plus (Remote, Americas - EST)||Sales and Account Management||Americas|