About the role
Shopify Plus is making enterprise commerce simple. We give high growth, high volume merchants the scalability, reliability, and flexibility they need. Shopify Plus is helping power commerce for companies like Rebecca Minkoff, GE, KITH NYC, Steve Madden, Perry Ellis, Kylie Cosmetics... and many more. We believe large merchants should love their commerce platform and we work hard each day to make that happen. We are in hyper-growth, and this is where you come in.
Why is this exciting?
While we currently have an established team in the UK, we are at the beginning stages of our expansion across Europe. This role will be influential in defining what Plus looks like in markets like Germany. We are looking for someone who can strategize, build and advocate - while providing great mentorship and leadership as we continue to build the Solution Engineering craft across EMEA.
What will this role entail?
The Solutions Engineering Lead is responsible for defining and scaling a team that will provide solutioning services to merchants in the Shopify Plus sales funnel across Europe. The Solutions Engineering Lead is ultimately responsible for the team’s revenue contribution, merchant retention through onboarding, and solutions enablement for Shopify Plus. While working closely with the Sales Organization, this role would be part of the broader Technology Services leadership group for Plus in Europe, and would also encompass strategic initiatives that would impact all technical merchant facing teams.
- Build a strong team of Solutions Engineers that can support the current European sales teams and any future European expansion.
- Create a collaborative and engaging culture which rewards effective technical sales, as well as responsibility and merchant success.
- Identify opportunities to scale the impact of Solutions without significant growth to the team.
- Build and maintain effective bridges between technical front lines, the Product organization and Sales.
- Hands on coaching and development of talent with a strong cadence of feedback.
- Optimize an executable onboarding and development path for new hires and current staff.
- Define clear expectations of the Solutions Engineering role, as well as job levels and career paths utilizing metrics, goals and skill sets.
- Coach and amplify the impact of the Solutions Engineering and broader Technical Services team.
Requirements for the role:
- Strong technical background, with demonstrated success in R&D, sales and/or merchant facing roles.
- Can demonstrate a clear understanding of metrics based performance coaching Solutions Engineering experience as individual contributor or leader.
- Ability to speak comfortably to Shopify’s platform, roadmap, major tech partners, competition, and common enterprises merchant integrations & challenges.
- Ability to work cross-functionally with other departments within Plus to provide a valuable and consistent Merchant Experience.
- Exhibits strength in the 5 Expectations of Leadership: Hire the Best People, Set and Hold High Standards, Create the Conditions for Success, Invest in Strong Relationships, Be Great Storytellers.
- Professional working proficiency in both German and English.
We know that applying for a new role takes a lot of work and we value your time. Luke is looking forward to reading your application.
This job posting will be open until we hire the right candidate. We have a commitment to respond to applications within 2 weeks and we look forward to reviewing your application!
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.