About the role
Shopify is on a fast-moving mission to make the best products for merchants around the globe. The Shopify Plus team in Waterloo has the same mission, and we’re focused on our fastest growth, highest volume merchants. Tesla, Redbull, Budweiser, Ellen Degeneres, Kanye West, and Kylie Jenner are merchants that have seen the value that Shopify Plus brings to their businesses through our understanding of commerce at scale.
Our teams are made up of energetic people actively making contributions across the platform. We ship on quality instead of on time. Our teams deploy new code many times a day, and our production scale is massive. Every team has technical leaders who use their expertise to improve the output of the team. As one of these technical leaders, you’ll help to drive the product vision to implementation. You and the team will design and build innovative technology that push Shopify’s merchants forward. You will maintain a high expectation of quality as you work with product management and UX to conceive, design, and develop our product. You’ll also be hands-on in our code and will directly contribute technically.
What do you bring to the table?
- Technical leadership skills
- A commitment and drive for quality, technical excellence and results
- A passion for growing development teams and improving others
- Experience with Ruby on Rails and SQL or the desire to learn them quickly
- Experience building large scale, high throughout systems and familiarity with front-end web development
It’d be cool if you’ve also worked on:
- ecommerce software
- Scaling web services, particularly those using and analyzing large amounts of data
- Building innovative products and features integrated with existing systems
- Mentoring outstanding engineers and growing a world-class technical team
What will you get to do?
- Build high quality, globally available, fault tolerant systems and products
- Go deep into the platform and solve the hardest problems we have
- Work through problems with your team, roll up your sleeves, form an opinion and advocate for engineering-specific roadmap items.
- Be a technical influencer across the company
- Design and build innovative features that are driven by web scale data
- Collaborate with other Shopify leaders, executives and external partners to provide the best commerce experience for our merchants
- Grow the Plus organization both through internal development and external hiring
- Learn and grow constantly to feed your passion for self-improvement and make those around you better
|Production Engineering - Developer Tools Manager||Engineering and Development||Ottawa, Montreal, Toronto, Waterloo, Remote UTC -4 to UTC -8 time|
|Production Engineering - Kafka Infrastructure Engineer||Engineering and Development||Waterloo, Canada|
|Production Engineering - Scalability and Reliability||Engineering and Development||Ottawa, Montreal, Toronto, Waterloo, Remote|
|Production Engineering - Director of Datastores||Engineering and Development||Ottawa, Montreal, Toronto, Waterloo, Remote|
|Software Developer Lead - International Growth||Engineering and Development||Ottawa, Montreal, Toronto, Waterloo|
|Senior Front End Developer, Shopify Plus||Engineering and Development||Waterloo, Canada|
|Senior Software Developer, Shopify Plus||Engineering and Development||Waterloo, Canada|
|Senior Front End Developer (Marketing), Shopify Plus||Engineering and Development||Waterloo, Canada|
|Production Engineering Lead - Search Infrastructure||Engineering and Development||Waterloo, Canada|