About the role
At Shopify, the opportunity to shape how commerce works all over the world is in our hands. We have a huge playground to work with, and we’ve already proven that we can move faster than anyone else. But right now we’re only part of the way there. To continue building the future of commerce, we need your help.
About the position
We are on the cusp of a skills revolution that is being driven by technology. That’s why we partnered academics and industry experts to develop a different kind of education model.
The Computing Education team at Shopify are stewards for technical education initiatives that form this model. The team engages and supports people learning technical skills from a young age and continuing throughout their careers. These programs combine the best of traditional education, industry mentorship, and learning by doing in the workplace.
As a Technical Educator, you facilitate the learning experiences designed to help our dDev Degree students come up to speed with the tools and technologies they need to be successful in their work as software developers. You support students as they work through the curriculum and evaluate their progress. You are comfortable working with the tools and technologies of software developers and model best practices in their use.
We are looking for a Technical Educator with the following specific skills:
- Expertise/ familiarity with the knowledge areas of the Core Computer Science Curriculum - e.g.fundamental programming skills and languages; introductory computer science courses; development tools such as git, Github, and programming editors
- Previous teaching experience, preferably at the senior secondary or post-secondary level
- There are other aspects to this role. We feel that the following 'bonus experiences' will help you thrive:
- BONUS: Previous work delivering innovative and engaging learning experiences
- BONUS: Previous work with interns or co-op students
If you are interested in applying, please address your application to Jodi. Be sure to tell us a bit about you and why this role has got you excited 😀