About the role
Shopify is Making Commerce Better for Everyone Everywhere and we need your help in Germany. We are looking for someone to join our team with the aim of increasing Shopify's in-market presence by developing and executing a strategy to grow and foster our technology partnership program in Germany. Shopify's technology partners play a vital role in enabling our merchants to be successful.
Shopify's brand is new here, so you will need to work closely with the in-country community to build awareness, educate and recruit for our Shopify Partner Program. You will need to be product-minded and have strong technical skills to train new and support existing partners including: web designers, development agencies and app developers.
As of today, Shopify has over 800,000 merchants in 175+ countries using our software to set up and run their businesses across multiple sales channels including: web, mobile, social media, marketplaces, brick-and-mortar locations, and pop-up shops and this role is critical to helping us Make Commerce Better for Everyone in Germany.
What you’ll be working on:
- Building a strategy to make Shopify the best platform for developers to build on top of to support our merchants
- Managing relationships with our top existing agency and app partners, providing them with education, feedback and tools to grow their businesses
- Creating awareness for the Shopify Partner Program within the developer community both online and offline: speaking at conferences, hosting workshops, facilitating partner training, webinars, Shopify blog
- Setting community goals and managing a budget
- Aligning with both our local and global technology partners to understand merchant challenges and localization needs
- Communicating and aligning internally with other Product teams at to ensure continuity and provide insights with respect to Shopify’s global developer tools and programs
- Monitoring emerging tech and new commerce experiences while proactively seeking out partnerships that can bring those experiences to our merchants
- Ensuring integrations and app-related merchant support are owned and managed by technology partners, consistent with Shopify’s global standard
You'll need to have:
- A passion to grow Shopify and thrive as an industry leader.
- Strong understanding of the German e-commerce or retail landscape (e.g. retail, payments, logistics, agency)
- High degree of user empathy and curiosity. An understanding of user journeys and how to discover paths for improvement
- Experience in technical partner management, channel partnerships, or business development either in an agency or product company
- Comfort with analytics, making data-informed decisions, and a capability of performing basic data analysis (writing basic SQL queries)
- Collaboration skills (this is a team sport!), and adaptability to a rapidly growing, constantly changing environment
- Proficient in English and German both written and oral, comfortable presenting in front of groups (share link to past work if available)
- Ability to travel for work - both in your home country and occasionally to Shopify’s main offices located in Canada
It'd be nice if you had:
- An entrepreneurial background or and have participated in the launch of a business
- Experience working in a Software-as-a-Service business
- Experience in event or sponsorship management
- Experience using any of the following tools: Zendesk, Salesforce, Github, Hubspot and Mode
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. Luke is looking forward to reading your application!
|Business Development Manager - Germany||Business Development||Berlin, Germany|