About the role
Shopify is Making Commerce Better for Everyone Everywhere and we need your help in Germany. We are looking for someone to join our team with the aim of increasing Shopify's in-market presence by developing and executing a strategy to grow and foster our technology partnership program in Germany. Shopify's technology partners play a vital role in enabling our merchants to be successful.
Shopify's brand is new here, so you will need to work closely with the in-country community to build awareness, educate and recruit for our Shopify Partner Program. You will need to be product-minded and have broad technical understanding to train new and support existing partners including: web designers, development agencies and app developers.
As of today, Shopify has over 800,000 merchants in 175+ countries using our software to set up and run their businesses across multiple sales channels including: web, mobile, social media, marketplaces, brick-and-mortar locations, and pop-up shops and this role is critical to helping us Make Commerce Better for Everyone in Germany.
What you’ll be working on:
- Providing agencies and app partners with education, feedback and tools to grow their businesses.
- Creating awareness for the Shopify Platform within the developer and agency community both online and offline: speaking at conferences, facilitating partner training, webinars, Shopify blog.
- Communicating and aligning internally with other Product teams at to ensure continuity and provide insights with respect to Shopify’s global developer tools and programs.
- Ensuring integrations and app-related merchant support are owned and managed by technology partners, consistent with Shopify’s global standard.
You'll need to have:
- A passion to grow Shopify and thrive as an industry leader.
- Strong understanding of the German e-commerce or retail landscape (e.g. retail, payments, logistics, agency)
- High degree of user empathy and curiosity. An understanding of user journeys and how to discover paths for improvement.
- Experience in technical partner management, channel partnerships, or business development either in an agency or product company.
- Comfort with analytics, making data-informed decisions, and a capability of performing basic data analysis
- Collaboration skills (this is a team sport!), and adaptability to a rapidly growing, constantly changing environment.
- Proficient in English and German both written and oral, comfortable presenting in front of groups.
- Ability to travel for work - both in your home country and occasionally to Shopify’s main offices located in Canada.
It'd be nice if you had:
- An entrepreneurial background or and have participated in the launch of a business
- Experience working in a Software-as-a-Service business
- Experience using any of the following tools: Zendesk, Salesforce, Github, Hubspot and Mode
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. Luke is looking forward to reading your application!
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.