About the role
Shopify has redefined commerce, raising the standard for how businesses of all sizes operate, market, and sell their products and services. With over 1 million merchants in over 175 different countries powered by the most innovative platform on the market, we continue to grow rapidly while constantly looking for new ways to impact and disrupt markets.
Checkout is an integral part of Shopify’s merchant-focused eCommerce channel. Currently a market leader in checkout innovation for the industry, Shopify’s Checkout supports over a million merchants and millions of consumers. Our unique platform is scaled to support some of the largest sales in the world.
We’re looking for a passionate technical product manager for our Checkout product based in Montreal. This product manager will be responsible for driving our Checkout Foundations roadmap, make key product decisions that drive our Checkout shopping experience, and work closely with the Checkout Foundations engineering and UX teams.
You'll get to do things like:
- Manage the Checkout Foundations product roadmap and strategy.
- Drive product management activities, including requirements gathering, prioritization, product planning, roll-out, workshops and championing product adoption across Shopify
- Communicate with development teams in technical detail, understand the implications of certain decisions, and make trade-offs related to complexity, depth or even timelines
- Work collaboratively with UX and engineering teams on a daily basis to drive results
- Define clear success metrics, and support our teams to achieve them
- Collaborate with stakeholders from multiple disciplines and across multiple product lines
- Drive cross-functional discussions to bring new ideas and ways of thinking to Checkout
You'll need to have:
- Hands-on experience driving the development of tech products at a leading or high-growth technology company.
- Proven skills driving the product roadmap for a core software component with interdependencies across numerous cross-functional teams
- An ability to facilitate technical decisions on system architecture and software scalability
- An entrepreneurial mindset -- you roll up your sleeves, thrive in chaos and get things done.
- A genuine excitement for solving customer problems and a strong sense of empathy with the customer.
- Experience using data to inform product decisions.
- An approach that defaults to action.
- Excellent communication skills.
It would be great if you had experience with:
- Working with partners from both product and business perspectives.
- Working in commerce (checkout specifically), payments or retail fields.
- Hands-on development experience
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time! We’re looking forward to reviewing your application.
Applications will close at noon EST on Wendnesday January 29.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.