About the role
The online presence of a merchant’s business starts with their website. At Shopify, we understand how a great theme can affect the livelihood of our merchants. Whether it’s helping one of our 600,000 merchants, or being a resource for the developers and designers who make themes, a Shopify Theme Specialist works with others to improve the online store experience.
As a Theme Specialist you will be a part of a multi-disciplinary team that focuses on many aspects related to Shopify themes. We are looking for individuals who can use their communication and technical skills to support our merchants, and providing feedback in product updates for both the online store channel and Shopify themes. Our team adapts to anything that is thrown their way, and we are constantly collaborating to solve issues that affect themes.
This is an entirely remote position so you will be working from home. You will need a DSL or Cable internet connection. Standard hours (9-5) however must be able to accommodate a flexible schedule. Rotating weekend shifts ensure that our merchants get the full scope of Theme Specialist coverage.
You'll need to:
- Be legally eligible to work in New Zealand.
- Live in Wellington, New Zealand.
- Know HTML5 and CSS3 like the back of your hand.
- Have Working knowledge of jQuery (i.e.: do you understand what $(“.hello”).text("text”); does?).
- Have experience creating/modifying themes or web templates (e.g.: Wordpress, Tumblr, SMARTYPHP).
- Have customer service experience. This could be anything from working with clients on large scale design projects, or a retail job at Canterbury.
It'd be great if you have:
- Knowledge of version control systems like Git or SVN.
- Familiarity with the Liquid templating language.
- Experience using CSS preprocessors (e.g.: SCSS, LESS) and/or build tools (e.g.: Grunt, Gulp).
You’ll be working on things like:
- Helping merchants customize their website.
- Working with the Shopify themes team to fix and update our Shopify themes.
- Analyzing data to find trends in support queries to inform our product team on how to build the best Shopify possible.
- Develop ways to better equip our support teams for any theme related questions.
- Improve documentation to reduce theme related support debt.
Here's how to apply:
Working at Shopify is unique, and we’d like our application process to reflect that! If you want to be the next Shopify Theme Specialist, complete one of the following two tasks and include it with your application. You should also address your application to Tomatoa.
1. Create a Shopify development store and install one of our free themes. Modify that free theme to do something the theme doesn’t normally do (e.g.: Show a picture when certain options are selected, change the layout of the product page).
2. Create a one-page, responsive, website that sells yourself and your skills to Shopify. This is the perfect opportunity to show off your technical skills in whatever way you choose, so make sure to include examples of your HTML/CSS/jQuery abilities.
|Tier 2 Escalated Technical Support||Customer Support||Wellington, New Zealand - Remote|
|Customer Success Guru||Customer Support||Ireland - Remote|
|Customer Success Guru||Customer Support||British Columbia, Canada - Remote|
|Customer Success Guru (Remote in Wellington, New Zealand)||Customer Support||Wellington, New Zealand - Remote|