About the role
Shopify empowers more than 600,000 merchants from all over the world to succeed at entrepreneurship. “All over the world” is important to us, and this means that Shopifolk need to travel to help Shopify meet its mission. Shopify moves fast, and so do we. Our employees appreciate the freedom to make decisions and act quickly, and we’re developing a travel program that empowers that. We’re looking for a Travel Specialist to join our team that is passionate about building a people-centric program and challenging the travel status quo.
You’ll be a part of the Internal Solutions team at Shopify, and our mandate is to support the day-to-day lives of Shopifolk by finding solutions that enhance their experience and productivity with Shopify’s operations. In this role, you’ll be working with the rest of the travel team to develop and scale our travel program. The goal is to be leaders in the corporate travel space and create a tech-forward, traveller-centric program that makes travel better for everyone.
What you'll be doing:
- Our travel program at Shopify covers three main pillars. You’ll be spending time with all three: Core Travel, Travel Analytics, and Special Event Travel.
- Core travel focuses on the core foundations of our travel program: hotel and airline relationships, support for travelling Shopifolk, policy creation, creating travel communications, education, onboarding, and more.
- Data (Travel Analytics) is indispensable for scaling our program globally. It will help us answer questions like, “Where are the most frequent cities we stay?” and “What frequent routes do we fly?” and leverage the answers into building a program that supports Shopifolk and Shopify’s business needs.
- You’ll work closely with teams running special events to help support event travel they might have, from giving advice on guidelines and best practices, to troubleshooting travel specific challenges, to negotiating high-impact vendor contracts, to potentially running event and hotel onsite logistics
- You’ll always be looking for ways to scale and internationalize our travel program, as well as develop new relationships, new tools, and propose new ways of meeting Shopify’s travel needs.
- Our travel program will only work if it supports the people who use it. You’ll build relationships with many different stakeholders across all of our offices: Mobility, HR, Talent Acquisition, Culture Operations, Finance, Internal Solutions, and more.
What will help you succeed:
- Experience working in the travel field.
- Being intentional and adapting on the fly (no pun intended 😏). Shopify and the work you do will move quickly, but there is always time to pause to ensure we’re moving in the right direction.
- Experience driving collaborative thought and discussion amongst many teams for positive results (with specific examples!).
- Experience owning complex projects from start to finish.
- Examples switching between high-level strategic thinking and detail-oriented work.
- Equal excitement about people, process, and data.
It would be a bonus if you had:
- Experience scaling and developing a travel program in unconventional ways.
- Experience working on event travel.
- Experience working with data, whether through research or analysis.
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. Nick is looking forward to reading your application.
This posting will be closed on July 23rd.