About the role
As a UX Lead on the App and Partner Platform Marketing team you’ll be responsible for the overall quality and strategy of our marketing experiences, as well as the growth and health of your team.
The UX team at Shopify is obsessed with enabling commerce and entrepreneurship at a global scale. On the App and Partner Platform team, we focus on creating tools and resources to help entrepreneurs succeed through the apps and services provided by our global network of Shopify Partners.
It's important to us that our leads stay close to the practical aspects of their craft—we value those who can “walk the walk”. You’ll be spending time hands on with the work, helping to solve difficult problems and using your experience and skill in UX to ensure our communications are truly world-class.
You’ll start by leading a small team of designers and you’ll ensure we always take a multidisciplinary approach to work keeping design, content strategy, user research, and front-end development in mind. You support and guide them through projects to ensure the quality of their work is of the highest standard. You help them grow in their careers over time by investing in their craft and related skills. You support and build UX within Shopify by solving problems related to scale, quality, and process.
Some of our recent projects include:
You’ll be joining a diverse team of Marketing Specialists, Content Producers, Developers, and more to acquire, support, and retain Partners and tell the story of our brand.
You'll be expected to:
- Develop baseline knowledge in all our UX disciplines (content strategy, research, design, and front-end development) and deep expertise in your team’s problem area
- Ship exceptional user experiences on your projects and establish clear definitions of quality
- Work closely with other discipline leads on the team to establish a vision for your area and strategic approach, and help your team achieve it iteratively
- Be a thoughtful and deliberate communicator to manage context, expectations, and objectives across your team and stakeholders
- Help to mentor and lead individuals through a fast-moving landscape while also providing growth opportunities
- Evaluate and provide supportive and constructive feedback to your reports
- Contribute to the culture and discipline of UX at Shopify
- Help your team grow the soft and hard skills they need to ship better workIdentify potential and make appropriate space for individuals to step up and grow
- Anticipate staffing needs on your team and recruit for them
- Identify people and technical challenges on your team as they arise and solve them
You'll need to have:
- Demonstrated experience leading multidisciplinary UX teams to deliver high quality projects
- Deep expertise in one or more of our UX disciplines with experience actively collaborating with team members and stakeholders outside your area
- A holistic, user-focused approach to all your work
- Demonstrable experience working on marketing and growth focused projects
- Experience directly managing a small team. Identifying the right expertise needed, assigning resources, recruiting new members and helping them grow.
- Passion for solving UX problems while wearing multiple hats and owning all facets of the process.
If your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying. Experience comes in many forms – skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.
|Senior UX Designer - Shipping Services||UX and Design||Ottawa, Canada|
|Senior Product Designer, Core Product||UX and Design||Ottawa, Canada|
|Marketing Designer, Shipping Services||UX and Design||Ottawa, Canada|
|UX Lead||UX and Design||Ottawa, Canada|
|Product Designer, Core Product||UX and Design||Ottawa, Elgin - HQ|
|Senior UX Researcher||UX and Design||Ottawa, Canada|
|Product Content Strategist||UX and Design||Ottawa, Canada|