About the role
As a UX Lead on the Marketing Technology team you’ll be responsible for the overall quality and strategy of our merchant-focused marketing products, as well as growth and health of your team. You’ll lead a multidisciplinary team of designers, content strategists, user researchers, and developers to create world class products that help our merchants build and run a sustainable business.
UX at Shopify
The UX team at Shopify is obsessed with enabling commerce and entrepreneurship at a global scale. By creating tools and resources that give everyone the chance to succeed, we make commerce better for everyone.
The UX team has a special role in building understanding and empathy for entrepreneurs. We believe in working close with our merchants to experiment and iterate on the products we build.
As a UX Lead, you’ll be expected to:
- Work closely with product and engineering leads on the team to establish a vision for your area and help your team achieve it iteratively
- Ship exceptionally high UX quality on your projects and establish clear definitions of quality
- Be a thoughtful and deliberate communicator to manage context, expectations, and objectives across your team and stakeholders
- Develop baseline knowledge in all our UX disciplines (content strategy, research, design, and front end development) and deep expertise in your team’s problem area
- Help your team grow the soft and hard skills they need to ship better workIdentify potential and make appropriate space for individuals to step up and grow
- Work with other UX leads to build a cohesive product and robust design system
- Anticipate staffing needs on your team and recruit for themIdentify people and technical challenges on your team as they arise and solve them
You'll need to have:
- Demonstrated experience leading multidisciplinary UX teams to deliver high quality projects
- Deep expertise in one or more of our UX disciplines with experience actively collaborating with team members and stakeholders outside your area
- A holistic, user-focused approach to all your work
- Passion for solving UX problems while wearing multiple hats and owning all facets of the process
- Demonstrable experience working on marketing and growth focussed projects
- Experience directly leading a team, including identifying the right expertise needed, assigning resources, recruiting new members and helping them grow
People you might work with:
- Daniel Patricio, Senior Product Manager
- Jen Chow, UX Lead
- Veronica Wong, Product Designer
- Kyle Galloway, Senior Engineering Lead
- Lara Noell, Senior Web Developer
- Ryan Bigge, Senior Content Strategist
- Verne Ho, Director of UX
How to apply
If you're interested in this position please click "Apply Now" and include a link to your portfolio/Dribbble/Behance/GitHub in the links section. Please make out your cover letter to Leah!