About the role
Shopify is now permanently remote and working towards a future that is digital by default.
Learn more about what this can mean for you.
Shopify is redefining commerce and raising the standard for how companies all over the world sell their products. We’re helping over 1,000,000 merchants in 175+ countries grow their businesses internationally. We believe that selling across the planet should be just as simple as selling down the street.
We’re looking for a UX manager to help us solve the problem of duties and taxes for business owners. This is one of our merchants’ biggest barriers to growing internationally, so we need someone ready to dive into tough problems, become an expert in the field, and turn this huge pain point into a seamless, approachable experience. You’ll be responsible for growing and managing a multi-disciplinary UX team and helping them deliver best-in-class experiences.
- Managing a UX team where you’ll be accountable for the user experience quality and vision within your area
- Balancing team mentoring, hands-on UX work, and leading product experience decisions
- Collaborating with product, engineering and data science to deliver the right products at the right time
- Shipping value to our merchants while holding us to a high UX quality standard
- Advocating for exceptional user experience across our products by representing our merchants in product strategy and roadmap discussions
Relevant experience for the role
- Deep experience working on teams that have shipped simple, well-designed products to solve complex user needs
- A strong track record of people management or mentorship that points to your ability to help people grow and succeed in their careers
- The capacity to act on immediate needs while building for the long term with vision and strategy
- Effective communication skills to share your design approach, methods and decisions beyond the UX team, to other organizations and stakeholders
- Success building and maintaining relationships with developers and product managers, to champion the team’s ideas within the organization and beyond
- Experience within the financial services industry
- A background working on international problems
To learn more about Shopify UX, check out the following links:
Polaris—Shopify’s design system
If you want to help Shopify shape the future of commerce, hit the “Apply now” button to submit your application. Send us a few samples of your work: portfolio, wireframes, UX flows, publications, or whatever represents what you do best. We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous people, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
This posting will close on Monday November 30th at midnight EST and you can expect to hear back from us by Tuesday December 8th at 6pm EST.