About the role
(THIS POSITION IS ONLY IN OTTAWA. UNFORTUNATELY, WE CANNOT OFFER RELOCATION FOR THIS ROLE. PLEASE DO NOT APPLY UNLESS YOU ARE ALREADY IN OTTAWA)
Shopify has redefined commerce, raising the standard for how companies of all sizes sell their products and services online and off. With 1,000,000+ merchants in more than 175 different countries, and the most innovative platform on the market, we continue to grow rapidly while constantly looking for new ways to impact and disrupt markets.
Yes, you read that right - in this time of Covid-19, Shopify is still hiring. We're definitely open for business, and we're fighting hard to keep hundreds of thousands of other businesses open as well. If that sounds like something you could get behind, keep reading.
We are helping our partners at Ottawa Logistics find three warehouse associates to help keep our Ottawa warehouse running efficiently. Before you apply, there's a couple of things to note.
If you're successful in being hired for this role, you will not be an employee of Shopify. You will be an employee of Ottawa Logistics, who we've partnered with. You will be working exclusively with the Shopify team and working 100% with Shopify merchants, but you will be employed by Ottawa Logistics.
Pay is $16 per hour to start, rising to $16.50 per hour after 3 months.
Benefits are mandatory for full-time employees and take effect after six months.
Ottawa Logistics will pay 55% of the cost of benefits and the employee pays 45%. Payments are automatically deducted on the employee’s bi-weekly pay cheque. (The average cost per month is $140 for a single and $280 for a family)
Here's what you'll be doing
- Check in delivery trucks
- Track and document exact shipment arrival and departure times
- Inspect products for defects and damages
- Tag and label merchandise
- Unload, receive and put away incoming inventory items appropriately
- Organize stocks and maintain inventory
- Box, wrap and pack merchandise in accordance with relevant procedures and standards
- Prepare all orders for shipments
- Embark merchandise in delivery trucks using appropriate tools
- Operate adequate merchandise management tools (for example, forklift)
- Keep warehouse clean and organised daily
- Enter data in warehouse management system
- Organize warehouse space
- Record and manage all impaired or damaged merchandise items
- Contribute ideas on ways to improve or optimize warehous
Here’s what we’re hoping you’ll have already:
- You have a Valid Driver’s License
- You have your High school diploma or equivalent
- If you have a Forklift Operation Certification, that would be awesome
- You’ve worked in warehouses before and have even worked with warehouse management systems
- You’re a team player with organisational skills
- You have the ability to lift or move heavy products up to 50lbs/22kgs
- You have good interpersonal and communication skills
- You consider yourself a problem solver.
If you feel excited after reading this, then address your cover letter to Greg and click "Apply Now" and answer all the questions that are part of this appication. We're looking forward to hearing from you!
This posting will close Friday, October 9 at noon ET.
You can expect to hear back from us (regardless of outcome) within 2-3 weeks from when you applied.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
Interested, but not ready to apply?
Join the Shopify Talent Community today by visiting www.talent-community.myshopify.com