About the role
Shopify is on a fast-moving mission to make the best products for merchants, buyers, and partners around the globe. At Shopify Plus, our merchants are some of the biggest and fastest growing businesses in history. The problems we solve are as complex as the stakes are high. Unilever, General Mills, Rebecca Minkoff, Jones New York, and Nestle are some merchants that have seen the value Shopify Plus brings to their businesses through our understanding of commerce at scale.
As a Web Development Manager on the Plus B2B team, you will focus on how we support, educate, and facilitate building web-based Plus B2B related features. This role will have a heavy emphasis on technical leadership, mentoring, technical architecture creation and review, along with helping to establish common patterns and identify anti-patterns, offering proactive and reactive advice.
Web Development Managers at Shopify help their teams realize their true potential. As one of these Web Development Managers, you will leverage your established technical know-how and commitment to individual growth to build high performance teams that will be successful in delivering world-class products. You will set and hold high standards on your teams and create conditions for each individual to be successful in the short term and long term goals. You will strengthen relationships across the entire company and leverage these relationships as needed to unblock teams and deliver amazing products to our merchants.
Requirements for the role:
- A strong technical foundation that is as good, or better, than our Senior Web Developers
- A proven track record of success in leading software development teams through your people leadership
- A commitment and drive for quality, technical excellence and results
- A passion for growing development teams and improving others
- Experience setting and delivering on objectives through measurable metrics and results
- A past history of building and shipping innovative products and features as a software developer
- Ecommerce experience a plus
What you'll work on:
- Build high quality, globally available, fault tolerant systems and products
- Go deep into the platform and solve the hardest problems we have
- Work through problems with your team, roll up your sleeves, form an opinion and advocate for engineering-specific roadmap items
- Be a technical influencer across the company
- Design and build innovative features that are driven by web scale data
- Collaborate with other Shopify leaders, executives and external partners to provide the best commerce experience for our merchants
- Grow the Plus organization both through internal development and external hiring
- Learn and grow constantly to feed your passion for self-improvement and make those around you better
Please feel free to add any links to online portfolios, public works, GitHub repos, or anything else that helps to showcase your work. We will be accepting applications online until 5pm ET on Friday September 13th.
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work. We truly appreciate your time and look forward to learning more about you!
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.